Residential & Commercial Moth Control & Extermination Serving Monmouth & Ocean County
Indian Meal Moths are the most common pests of stored food in the world. The wings are held back over the body when it rests on a surface. The outer half of the forewings is a coppery-red color, while the half closer to the body is creamy-white.
How To Get Rid Of Moths
Call T3 Pest when you have a moth infestation, especially in a food preparation area. As an experienced company with entomologists on staff, we have a program specially designed for moth problems in kitchens and other eating areas. It is a vaporless, odorless solution that is appropriate to deal with this specific issue.
Moths go through what is called ‘complete metamorphosis’. The adult moths lays eggs which develop into larvae.
The larvae (and not the egg or the adult) feed on foods in your home. The presence of adult moths indicates have some infested food somewhere. The laundry list of possible foods that these moths can attack includes just about - grains, nuts, fruits and other products from plants.
The adult meal moth generally avoids lights, so you won't find it at the porch light or banging into your reading lamp. They will infest:
- Flour and other baking meals - brownie mix, cornbread mix, cake mix, powdered milk, etc.
- Nuts - whether in the shell or out of the shell, within packages, within candy bars or cookies
- Grain products - pet food, bread, crackers, chips, bird seed
- Spices - peppers, paprika, etc
- Dried flowers - bouquet arrangements, as well as other decorative arrangements of wheat stalks, flowers, acorns, nuts, pine cones, dried corn, etc.
The larva of the Indian Meal Moth has no spots on its body but is smooth, white, pinkish, cream colored, or even with a greenish tint.
It sometimes will leave the food it is infesting and move to a quiet place to weave a cocoon called the pupae.
- Grains, pasta, nuts and other foods should be sealed in impermeable containers and stored in dry cool locations
- Don’t allow products to sit on your shelves for months and years
- Check products for signs of insects in order not to allow an infestation to grow
- Clean up small spills of food debris regularly including under mircrowaves and toaster ovens and other areas
- Inspect food for infestations especially "health" or ‘organic” foods that have not gone through processing that might eliminate meal moths
Call T3 now to get more information or schedule an appointment
Why Choose T3 Pest Services?
- 35+ Years of Experience
- Local Service throughout Monmouth & Ocean County
- Evening & Weekend Appointments
- 24/7 Emergency Service
- Free Inspections
- Family Owned
- Phones Answered By Live Operator
- All Major Credit Cards
When you call T3 Pest Control, a certified technician will come to your home or business and perform a complete initial consultation at no charge.
Next, T3 will develop a pest elimination program designed for you by your technician and our team of in-house entomologists.
Be Confident that you will have the best solution for your individual problem. Call T3 Pest Control now and schedule your free initial consultation.